Welcome to this new journey of getting good WordPress bits every week. In the first edition of The WordPress Weekly, let’s do a geeky deep dive into specific aspects of your WordPress website (and know a little more).
Let’s have a finer look 💭
- Every WordPress website is powered by a database. Here is your database deep dive to learn more about the actual contents of the database aka tables, indexing, migration, and security.
- Does the concept of Custom Fields in WordPress scare you? Well, here is your custom fields deep dive to learn about custom fields, where to use them, and associated tools.
- Letting WordPress handle emails can be an un-reliable proposition. Here is how you can use free Gmail SMTP and other Free SMTP servers for more reliable emailing set up on WordPress.
Blocks & Page Builders 💨
- If you happen to use Elementor or Beaver Builder in your web agency, then check out new page builds service from GoWP. Unlimited page building for a fixed monthly price.
- Gutenberg blocks addons ecosystem is now expanding very fast. Here are top block editor plugins to consider along with listing other noteworthy Gutenberg Block Editor plugins.
Quick Bits 👍
- Buttonizer plugin adds fancy and functional floating buttons.
- Easily extras photos from any webpage or website.
- Soon upload plugin updates via zip file (WP wait of 11 years).
- WordPress 5.5 is scheduled to release on Aug 11, 2020.
- The experimental stackable mode of WordPress in the making.
It’s a wrap, feel free to share this with your geeky WordPress friends. Feedback and suggestions are welcome, use social profiles or the contact page to connect.