WordPress Plugins business is hard and competitive (ask any plugin developer). In the WordPress community, there are so many shining examples of individual plugin creators celebrating every small and big milestone.
Plugin Start & Achievements 💖
- A new entry in the WP affiliates management space, SliceWP Affiliates Plugin has reached 100 installs quickly. The team is celebrating this milestone with 18% off (code HAPPY18).
- A plugin that has shaken up forms ecosystem, Fluent Forms plugin has rocketed from 20K to 30K install in just 3 months. Also, released an update for notification, payments, phone field improvements.
- Lesley Sim is working on a new plugin called Newsletter Glue. This helps you email blog posts as a newsletter from the dashboard to subscribers by connecting to Mailchimp, Mailerlite, and so on.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Blocks Life… MotoPress has acquired Gutenix Theme and ZeGuten Blocks plugin for the blocks push. Officially, Genesis blocks plugin is here (a rebrand of Atomic blocks) along with Genesis Pro offering.
- Tutorials… how ReviewX plugin can help your WooCommerce store. Create a contact form using Kadence Blocks plugin only. For starters, here are three ways to check PHP version on WordPress website.
- Talking Heads… on using non-traditional ways to hire developers to build a team. Plus, the Genesis community livecast has started with the first episode featuring Mike Little (WP co-founder).
- Missing WordCamp… the check WP Year in Review by Joe Casabona to bring the information, usually found at WordCamps. With no WordCamps this year, this is an attempt to fill that void.
Quick Bits 👍
- Elementor 3.0 launched with design system features.
- Fancy Card Slider module added to PowerPack for Beaver.
- Divi has added sticky options for headers and more.
- Handy plugin to disable auto-updates email notifications.
- Google Lighthouse integration added to iTheme Syc Pro.
- WordPress 5.5.1 RC1 available with general & block fixes.
- Better caching, Pagely partner with Object Cache Pro for WP.
[Game For] a new Image Format 💥
Using images and graphics in the right format can make page lean and help in the faster loading. SVG format on WordPress has been a big gamer in recent times. Are you game for a new format called AVIF?
It promises to be 50% smaller than JPEG image format. AVIF format is being developed by Alliance for Open Media which involve likes of Google, Cisco, and more. And, the latest Google Chrome supports AVIF format.