There is no stopping WordPress growth, as evident from the market share figures. Joost de Valk shared, “Well, it’s September 1st and we’re now at 38.3%! Which is 0.5% over August 1st, the growth remains phenomenal.” So, how far is 50% market share for the WordPress platform? Let’s see!
Buzzing WordPress Products 💖
- New GeneratePress… 3.0 version promises a ‘new era’ with new default look, performance improvements, code changes, flexbox grid changes and template file changes.
- Make it visual… with free charts plugin, Ninja Charts in the next update (video) will allow display of Fluent Forms and Ninja Tables data in charts format in your content automatically.
- Plugins focus… the Advanced Scripts promises to be the best script manager in the ecosystem for PHP, CSS, JS with support for SCSS, LESS code, and custom hooks.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- New Generator Tools… for generating code for WordPress custom post types and taxonomy by Anh Tran. They are built with React for WordPress users, cool – right?
- WP Use case… on how to build Substack like a platform of paid membership newsletter on WordPress? Angie Meeker shared the process along with plugins involved in the mix.
- More innovation… on headless CMS (static websites) concept in the WordPress ecosystem. Shahjahan Jewel shared Fluent Forms headless server concept for the curious minds.
- Changing base… as Restrict Content Pro plugin has been acquired by iThemes from Pippin Williamson. And, Strategy11 (the team behind Formidable Forms) acquired two plugins: Business Directory Plugin and Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin (AWPCP).
Quick Bits 👍
- Elementor team shared quick updates on Twitter for 3.0v.
- WPfeedback 1.6 update for orphaned tasks, archive pages.
- Social Follow Widget for 50+ networks added to NovaShare.
- WPZoom’s Social Icons Widgets plugin crossed 100K installs.
- Check the resource list for WordPress Block Patterns.
- Hey Pressto WordPress & ClassicPress Conference on Twitter.
- All about the WordPress 5.1.1 maintenance release.
- Proposal for removing old PHP support via a fixed schedule.
- Scam alert of fake job offers for Automattic & WooCommerce.
- Google Image Search now with image usage license badge.
[Yes!] Website Speed in Real 🤖
GTmetrix, a popular online service to check website speed is making changes for good by adding Google Lighthouse to the mix. Unlike (existing) PageSpeed and YSlow, Lighthouse checks to see if a page is fast from the user’s perspective. For sure, a welcome change for speed focussed WordPress geeks!
[A Little Fun] for your geek life 💣
Well, just launch Microsoft Edge browser and type edge://surf in the address bar for some surfing game fun in the browser. And, a little fun fact – Google Fonts just crossed 1000 font families (more the better, right?).