Let’s start this week’s issue with a few cool picks like a community code snippets WPCodeBin project, a new place to track WordPress events, and a fresh reboot of a WP focused podcast! Also included in this issue: tracking the next WP 6.1 release, WordCamp US 2022 speakers revealed, and an awesome stash of new plugins.
The WP Awards 2022 nominations update: 62 nominations have been submitted for far. If you have not, still there is time to submit your favorite WordPress product or service. The WP Awards 2022 is made possible by awesome gold sponsors: InMotion Hosting, StellarWP, 20i Hosting, Cloudways, and GoDaddy Pro.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Cool Launches… Maghetiu Ovidiu, the amazing person behind the WPCodeBox plugin has launched a community website WPCodeBin to allow public sharing and use of code snippets. While the awesome Michelle Frechette shared about the new WP Events website where users can submit upcoming events in the WordPress community, a project powered by The Events Calendar plugin.
- Watch Out… Justin Ferriman, the founder of LearnDash – is relaunching NoFilterFM podcast focussing on 7-figure WordPress business tactics in 10mins short episodes. Also, the WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks 2022 report is here, and companies like 20i, Siteground, GreenGeeks, Pressable, & more stood out as they showed no signs of struggle during the testing.
- Agency & Dev… want to stay updated with errors on your WordPress website? Stalkfish has added an error monitoring feature that works with zero configuration, just add your website, and you are done. Also got noticed this week is the Type Rocket WordPress framework for building websites with a focus on code performance.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Acquisition Train… SiteCare, a popular WordPress website maintenance service, has acquired another old-time player in the same niche, Maintainn by WebDevStudios. A good move for clients of Maintainn as they can expect continued high quality service and support for their WordPress websites.
- Core WordPress… check the development cycle details for the next WordPress 6.1 release, which is scheduled for Nov 01, 2022, and beta1 on Sept 20, 2022. And, in a good move – Automattic is removing WordPress(dot)com features from the official WordPress mobile apps and relocating them to the Jetpack app.
- More Core Things… check the mockup preview of the new homepage design of the WordPress(.)org website, I love this design – clean and colorful. Also, the Akismet plugin has introduced a new spam fighting feature from version 5.0 onwards.
- Emojis and SEO… Yoast SEO premium will have an emoji picker tool to quickly add emojis to the titles of your posts and pages. While emojis do not help in any enhanced technical SEO, they do catch visitors’ attention resulting in more clicks (and conversions).
- WP Perspectives… Jonathan Wold highlighted the free rider problem that affects both WordPress as a project and as an ecosystem. Also, shedding some insights on how to handle users of nulled WordPress Plugins and Themes and deal with this parallel ecosystem.
- WordCamp US & More… ‘TheWPWeekly’ is a proud media partner of WordCamp US 2022. And, here is the amazing speakers’ lineup (round 1, round 2, and round 3) for the upcoming WordCamp US 2022 event. Also, WPCampus 2022 has been canceled, and the 2023 edition is now scheduled for July 23, 2023.
Quick Bits 👍
- Me sharing WPWeekly secrets on the TorqueMag podcast.
- Kinsta bumped up CDN bandwidth in all plans, up to 500%.
- Brizy added 28 new templates to the Birzy Builder collection.
- Convesio has launched a partner directory for easy discovery.
- Suggest a better name for FSE (Full Site Editing) for the future!
New WP Plugins Stash for this Week!
Blocks Editor plugins to look forward to this week: Crocoblock team has launched JetMenu for the Gutenberg editor for displaying elaborate custom menus on Gutenberg-powered websites. While Vikas has launched the Newsletter Block plugin which is simple and does the job.
Few Interesting plugins for your attention: Alt Text Magic plugin automatically adds ALT text information to images without you having to think or type! And the Oh My SVG plugin, besides adding SVG support, adds automatic markup sanitation, svgo optimization, and a color editor.
WooCommerce Plugins for your store: Barn2 team has released WooCommerce Product Filters plugin that allows visitors to filter products by anything, be it by price, category, attribute, color, stock, taxonomy, and more. And for some visual fun, Product Blobs plugin adds blob shape to your WooCommerce products.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly