Is it time to get serious about shaking up your tools stack for building WordPress websites? Astra’s new header builder makes things easier, especially for non-page builder users. While blocks users can get fancy with the debut pro version of Generate Blocks. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Elementor users can take advantage of new TutorLMS addons for creating custom course pages.
iThemes Security Pro makes it easy for you to protect your sites against software vulnerabilities, the number one culprit of successfully hacked WordPress sites. Learn to Secure WordPress Websites Community Sponsor
All New & Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New & Faster… Astra Theme 3.0 has been released promising over 50% faster front end loading. This update also includes the all-new Header and Footer Builder which makes it so easy to create a custom header for desktop and mobile views.
- Much Awaited… Generate Blocks pro version is out in the wild for making better-looking layouts on top of Gutenberg Blocks Editor. It also includes over 150 pro templates for a quick head start building cool layouts using the blocks editor.
- New Launches… TutorLMS Elementor addons launched for creating custom course page, carousels, and more on an Elementor website. Also, check the all-new WPEats plugin by Jack Kitterhing to create virtual restaurant menu and generate QR code. Ben at LayerWP goes into more details on using this plugin.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WP Ecosystem… Matt Mullenweg talks on collaboration, Automattic as a holding company, and WordPress. Chris Lema highlighted on lack of flexibility in the WP products ecosystem. Also, interesting insights by Alex Denning on positioning your WordPress products and handling competition in the ecosystem.
- Blocks Life… Fränk Klein shares an example of global styles implementation in blocks based (Bosco) theme. Let’s think, is it too early to call out page builder dominance being eroded by Gutenberg? While Ronald Huereca highlighted possible chaos in the Gutenberg land.
- Let’s Learn… if you were curious about Oxygen builder, then here is an exhaustive start with Oxygen by David McCan. Also, here is how to build a custom Gutenberg block for displaying WooCommerce related products in your layouts.
Quick Bits 👍
- WP Rocket has all new blazing fast website build on blocks.
- GiveWP celebrating 100K users with virtual giveaway event.
- Fluent Forms plugin crossed 50,000+ active installations.
- Kinsta hosting has introduced Cloudflare integration.
- Estimated reading time option added to Yoast Premium.
- Free Podcasting Courses launched at Castos Academy.
- Gumroad vs FastSpring, better option for selling plugins.
- The goal & idea behind WordFest, Festival of WordPress.
- Proposal to rename WordPress release cycle phases.
Interesting Things of the Week 🐱
Are you tired of asking website URL from people asking for website help on forums and Facebook groups? Well, Sridhar has created a quick page Please provide the URL for a universal reminder for all, handy! Also, did you know ‘spacer’ block has a way more usage than ‘button’ block in the Gutenberg world? It implies a lot of users are using blocks just for posts. As blocks get better, creating page layouts with blocks ‘should’ become mainstream, as well!