In a thriving community, everyone is focused on different aspects to change, improve, and move forward. Be it teaching as courses, audio waves as a podcast, adapting to the new blocks world, or even thinking of not so fancy WordPress commenting system. All that is changing and moving forward in this issue.
Restrict Content Pro is a full-featured membership solution for your premium members-only content supporting top payment gateways and email marketing solutions. Create a recurring revenue membership site Community Sponsor
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Interesting Bits… the backstory on how Gutenberg blocks on the new WP Rocket website resulted in performance changes (would this work for clients familiar with visual page builders?). Kristen shared 10 things learnt from selling WordPress products for 10 years, on point for sure for everyone trying in the WordPress ecosystem.
- Got Noticed…. Two brand new courses on creating a restaurant ordering website and an online wholesale store from the Barn2 plugins team. WPdeveloper is increasing lifetime pricing of the agency bundle soon, as they have added two new services: Templately (Elementor cloud templates), and easy jobs.
- WordPress On Air… with new audio experience for consuming WordPress news every week at the WP Minute by Matt Medeiros. Also, another new WordPress podcast has recently launched, WP Briefing by Josepha Haden from the official WordPress team.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Core Updates… status check on the latest full site editing milestones and challenges. WordPress 5.7 Beta 1 is available for testing with useful new features like easier HTTP to HTTPS migration that updates all URLs automatically and skinning of WP dashboard with custom CSS properties.
- Dev Focus… how to get started with using Beyond Code (a free alternative to ngrok) for WordPress development. Here is how you can make PHP-Scoper work with WordPress and upload to the plugin directory. Also, using QL Events to open up calendar data for non WordPress websites.
- For Google’s Love… learn about using different types of schema on your WordPress website for ‘better’ Google Search attention. Also, check this useful listing of accessibility tools to make your online creations more accessible for everyone including Google.
Quick Bits 👍
- Blogging feature added to Brizy Cloud CMS for new sites.
- New integration to send Convert Pro leads into Fluent CRM.
- Astra Theme has crossed 1+ Million active installs milestone.
- New optimizer sidebar added to the Social Warfare plugin.
- New Genesis based Uprising Theme on blocks has been released.
- Test Ultimate Dashboard Pro free at: demo.ultimatedashboard.io
- Groundhogg awarded for sales & customer service in CRM space.
- Five Yoast employees work full-time in the WordPress Core team.
- Performance benchmarks guide for 7 PHP versions on WordPress.
[Opinion] Why comments activity is declining 💨
I still remember in my early years of blogging (using WordPress), the comments section was a busy and important section of the website. Over the years, comments activity has declined as people jump from blog to social platforms and engage there more. Can we improve the default WordPress commenting system that encourages more conversations? Well, no harm giving this a shot, right?