None is left out in WordPress; there is a solution for every use case (almost). Be it major blocks editor progress for handling dynamic data to brand new plugins for specific use cases like documents library and dark mode. Also, fresh new course and ebooks to become better in the WordPress world – all covered in this issue.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Blocks are WOW… when extended to handle the dynamic content. Well, the makers of GeneratePress theme did just that with their new theme builder feature that allows the building of blog post layouts and more. To be noted, dynamic data handling is coming to WordPress core with FSE (full site editing) feature later this year.
- Brand New… easier documents management on WordPress with new Document Library Pro plugin. It allows you to store extra data about documents resulting in an interactive document library for visitors. And, making life in the dashboard easy by sticking the publish section on scroll with the free sticky update button plugin.
- Dark Mode Trend… is catching on, as seen recently on the new White House website. WP Dark Mode plugin makes the dark mode implementation super easy with a lot of customization options (plus, there is a super discounted lifetime use option).
- New Learning Resources… for Elementor users in the form of brand new ebooks on using Elementor builder and creating WooCommerce store with Elementor. Also, Astra’s SkillJet academy has a new course closing the deal focussing on refined sales proposals.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Core Updates… what is all new in the upcoming WordPress 5.7 release like more block features and easier migration to HTTPS. Here is the official WP 5.7 field guide elaborating on all new features and enhancements in this version.
- The ecosystem… is buzzing about the outdated official recommended hosting page put in focus with misuse of WordPress trademark by Bluehost. Also, Endurance International Group (EIG), the owner of many web hosting brands is now way bigger with a new name Newfold Digital.
- Headless Bliss… WPengine has launched Atlas, a complete headless WordPress platform for fast dynamic sites. For validation, TechCrunch and Facebook resource center, are a few of the top websites using headless WordPress. So, is the future headless, aka de-coupled (as Matt Mullenweg calls it)?
- Dev Focus… learn the difference between Varnish vs Nginx FastCGI page cache concepts. Also, noticed the WP Cloud Server plugin that allows you to set up your own web hosting platform right from the WordPress dashboard itself.
Quick Bits 👍
- Demo the brand new Gravity Forms 2.5 form building experience.
- Yoast’s Video SEO can now optimize videos in Elementor layouts.
- Oxygen Builder 3.7 added CSS grid & composite elements library.
- Possible optimizations with Elementor developer edition version.
- Sandhills hit the 1000th payout milestone for its payment service.
- You cannot ignore these priorities when building a website.
- Want to sell your WordPress website? A few tips to get going!
- WordPress in podcast partnership with Anchor (part of Spotify).
- Strict total cookie protection feature in the Firefox 86 release.
[Reminder] Being a better version of ourselves ⭐
Diversity in the WordPress world is amazing. But just like in any other group, country, or identity – there are conflicts, favouritism, and even abuse. Give a read to this post by Mika Ariela Epstein about harassment and abuse – right at our doorstep. No one is perfect, but we can all try to be better – every day!