The only thing constant in the world of WordPress is change. Be it good old Gravity Forms with a big new change or a surprise win for the FluentCRM plugin. Even money change hands, like where did WooCommerce invest money and how to track possible acquisition opportunities in the WordPress ecosystem.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Big Changes… the next ‘generation’ of Gravity Forms 2.5 has been released and I am hearing good feedback, notably the new UI inspired by the blocks editor. Also, WP Migrate DB Pro 2.0 got a major update with all new user interface powered by React and changes like remote plugin updates, new media files addon.
- Plugin Milestones… a new plugin building its own space quickly, that’s the story of FluentCRM plugin which became the winner at the Plugin Madness 2021 edition. Also, the popular Custom Post Types UI plugin has reached the milestone of one million active installs: looking back at lessons, observations, and future steps!
- Business & WordPress… if acquiring WordPress plugin(s) your interest area, then the upcoming acquisitions resource at the Pluginrank website should be useful for you. While WooCommerce has made an investment in the PeachPay app (one-click checkout), probably close to $450,000 as estimated by Robert Jacobi.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- The Ecosystem… Basecamp, a project management solution used by a lot of WordPress agencies made the announcement of “No more societal and political discussions on our company Basecamp account”, this resulted in a lot of reactions like verge covered it and it got a direct reply to carry the discussion forward (?).
- Let’s Learn… core concepts of WordPress theme development like template hierarchy, loops, and functions by David Hayes at WP Shout. If you are looking to get started with Oxygen builder, check Corey Dodd’s new course on building custom Oxygen websites.
- Dev Focus… a detailed writeup with examples to create design prototypes for WordPress UI in Figma with the Figma WordPress Design Library. Also, exploring plugins providing GraphQL servers to WordPress and when to use GraphQL API for WordPress.
- Blocks Life… Stackable is brewing new blocks, UI kits, advance responsive settings for Gutenberg with the upcoming version 3 release. Also, here is how the block pattern directory will look, scheduled to be launched with WordPress 5.8 release.
Quick Bits 👍
- New image carousel feature added to Thrive visual editor.
- The new RankMath SEO integration for Divi is now available.
- Kanban (Boards) for WordPress plugin got acquired for $15K.
- How bloated is your favourite page builder, May 2021 update!
- With 500M images, CC0 Search is joining the WordPress project.
- Safari 14.1 now support the gap property in flexbox layouts.
- GitHub decides to block Google FLoC (WP yet to decide).
[WordPress Summits] Tracking the goodness 🎉
Page Builder Summit has announced the schedule for all the sessions, that’s 5 days of pure WordPress goodness. WordFest aka Festival of WordPress, which made a splash the last year, has opened the call for speakers for 2021 edition scheduled for July 23, 2021. Other than that, WordSesh event also happens this month on May 24, 2021. Tracking all the WordPress goodness via summits, just for you!