It is time for birthday bumps for WordPress itself, as it turned 18 years old. Besides this buzz, the focus will be on theme frameworks raring to make a comeback, and the usual stash of plugin releases, new learning resources, and dev geekiness.
Fluent CRM is a complete email marketing and automation solution that runs within the WordPress dashboard for super easy customer data management, create funnels and turn leads into customers on WordPress.
Restrict Content Pro is a full-featured membership solution for your premium members-only content supporting top payment gateways and email marketing solutions. Create a recurring revenue membership site.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Theme Stash… Brian Gardner has revealed new upcoming blocks based theme brand Frost which will use Genesis Framework under the hood. Check the demo of this blocks goodness (note: still work in progress). Brizy has added 42 new templates featuring 29 marketing landing pages and 13 layout packs to their collection.
- New Plugins… restore back the functionality to change admin email without email confirmation with admin email address changer plugin. Pagely has released a new Really Rich Results plugin to generate structured schema data. If you use the pro version of SEOPress or RankMath – you can control schema with them also.
- Let’s Learn… Barna Buxbaum (popular for Katka Templates) has launched a new course for website building with WordPress and Elementor that requires no login, sign-ups, or payments – direct content goodness. Also, check how OSM web agency revamped their website using the Elementor page builder.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Road to 18 years… the WordPress journey started in the year 2013 with this official blog post titled ‘WordPress Now Available’. Matt Mullenweg highlighted this special milestone,”… as the project reaches an age that, if it were a child, it would be heading off to college, I’m uncharacteristically at a loss for words.”
- A Little Bump… on the beautifully created timeline page of WordPress becoming 40% of the web, the co-founder Mike Little found his name missing in the celebration (Am I The Disowned Parent). Fortunately, Josepha got that fixed immediately to keep the accurate history alive of the blissful WordPress world!
- WP at Scale… like how the popular blog Backlinko made the shift to Headless WordPress and Next.js base. Also, using WordPress for building a platform that is non-cacheable and can support 150,000+ simultaneous users using Elastic Beanstalk and RDS.
Quick Bits 👍
- See 12 amazing podcast websites examples for inspiration.
- Fluent SMTP added GMail & Google Workspace API Connection.
- Sandhills Dev processed 1million+ dollar payouts for affiliates.
- Check debut episode of WooBiz Chat hosted by Maja and Robbie.
- Now available tickets for WordFest 2021, Festival of WordPress.
- Believe it, Stipe now has a super easy payment links feature.
[Worth Noticing] Theme Frameworks are back!
Older and popular theme frameworks are sensing the opportunity to make a comeback thanks to a couple of reasons: blocks getting better and page builders not looking cool when Google is shouting core web vitals. So, the hugely popular (previously) and still one of the best, the Genesis Framework is going free soon.
UnderStrap, previously a popular WordPress theme framework is getting a new life with its acquisition. The new owner plans to invest heavily and make it the preferred choice in the ecosystem. Also, the new Bricks Builder, which is a theme with an in-built builder is getting attention for being clean and lean.