Being creative in offering something new using existing infrastructure, WordPress leads the way for sure. Elementor is all set for the cloud version, Rank Math adding SEO reports, Fluent Forms with cool conversational style form layout, a bunch of new products, and a lot of acquisition news.
Restrict Content Pro is a full-featured membership solution for your premium members-only content supporting top payment gateways and email marketing solutions. Create a recurring revenue membership site.
Fluent CRM is a complete email marketing and automation solution that runs within the WordPress dashboard for super easy customer data management, create funnels and turn leads into customers on WordPress.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
Win 3 Ultimate licenses of WP Dark Mode plugin – Enter Contest
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Got Noticed… Rank Math has pushed the canvas for SEO plugin’s functionality with new SEO reports via email functionality for tracking changes in traffic, keyword position, and more. Finally, we have pricing for the upcoming Elementor Cloud, $19.90 per month ($9.90 initial offer). You will get WordPress and Elementor Pro pre-installed on a server powered by Google Cloud.
- Forms Extended… Fluent Forms shared a cool demo of the upcoming conversational style forms like Typeform, definitely a neat feature bump for Fluent Forms users. While Formidable Form has released a new visual views plugin that lets you build custom web applications on WordPress with an easier way for data output in the front-end.
- New Stuff Galore… here, a lot of products get submitted and these two caught my attention for your exploring. First, Gridless Builder for a minimal approach to the page layout building on WordPress. Second, another new WooCommerce checkout solution, Checkout-X is out of beta with a generous free plan without restrictions.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Big Move… ACF is celebrating 10 years and it got acquired by the Delicious Brains team, which is known for developer focussed plugins. Since ACF has been on lifetime pricing for the majority of the time, questions were raised about the LTD status. Fortunately, the original LTD with be honoured for future versions (more insights from the buyer ‘Brad Touesnard’ at The WP Minute show).
- More Acquisitions… IconicWP, a WooCommerce plugin shop has been acquired by Liquid Web under the StellarWP brand. Further, StackOverflow was bought out by Prosus for 1.8 billion dollars and Moz, popular among SEO folks has been acquired by iContact.
- Blocks Life… how theme shops are embracing the ever-evolving Gutenberg blocks world like 57% theme shops have Gutenberg compatibility and only 3% provide block patterns. Also, check the new Blockbase theme, an official parent theme for Gutenberg block based themes from Automattic.
- WP Ecosystem… did Jetpack force an update and not obey ‘auto-updates disabled’ rule with its recent update? Tony Perez shared more insights on this topic. Remembering Ujwal Thapa, the pioneer of the WordPress Nepal Community who passed away due to health complications from Covid-19.
Quick Bits 👍
- GroundHogg CRM now integrates with the HelpScout service.
- These are Gutenberg focus items for the WP 5.8 release.
- How about this brewing idea of app store for WordPress?
- See all the recipients of the Yoast Care Fund for the year 2021.
- New colourful design in works for WordPress ORG News site.
- See who is speaking on what at the WordCamp Europe 2021.
Dashboard: One Page for all WordPress Goodness 🌟
Check the new WP Dashboard page right here on ‘The WP Weekly’. This has been in the works for a couple of months as my perfectionist bug prevented me from publishing it. Well, finally it is live listing the latest stuff from various top websites in the WordPress ecosystem. The initial feedback has been amazing!
I know a lot of amazing websites missing no that page, as the first step was to get going with the basic structure and page functionality. Feel free to suggest website additions to that page via the contact form.