Making products leaner helps everyone, be it users or the infrastructure powering the whole setup. Plugins becoming leaner (code-wise) or the latest WordPress 5.8 changes, all help in the cause of sustainability. Plus: few resources worth bookmarking, plugin updates, and thinking of your users on Reddit.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
Last Week: Win lifetime license of WPCodeBox Plugin 🎉
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Better Metaboxes… SEOPress version 5.0 has all new ‘neater’ user interface along with universal SEO metabox feature that allow editing of SEO information while in the builder mode of any page builder. While, Rankmath SEO plugin is leaner by 5,000+ lines of code with conversion of classic editor’s meta box into React and now also allow easy reordering of questions in FAQ Schema.
- Product Updates… NewsletterGlue now has quick and easy to use pre-built patterns for header and footer designs for newsletter writing on WordPress. Now powering 10,000+ business, FluentCRM has crossed this milestone and with the recent update also launched documentation for REST API Endpoints of FluentCRM.
- Being Resourceful… here is a Google Sheet by Raitis Sevelis listing pricing information, category, and license type of over 900+ WordPress products. Also, check this listing of 52 development tools that should help in your client projects using WordPress.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WP Ecosystem… keeping the acquisitions engine running in the WordPress space: Organize Series plugin, used to group content together into a series has been acquired by publishpress. While, Amplify plugins specializing in WordPress plugins for WooCommerce store users has joined the Mode Effect team.
- Plugins Buzz… new WooCommerce discontinued products plugin allow easy management of WooCommerce products that are not available now without loosing the SEO goodness. FluentSMTP, a free plugin (& will remain free) has become my favorite SMTP plugin in no time has released a new update that adds native SMTP integration with Microsoft Outlook email sending service.
- Thinking Head… focussing on sustainable enhancements in WordPress 5.8 in the forms of WebP image format support and Gutenberg block styles performance. Also, another transparency report is here digging into revenue, expenses, and insights of running a WordPress products business.
Quick Bits 👍
- New Qi Theme with 100 designs on Elementor & Qi Addons.
- Craft Nitro & Devkinsta, review of local WP development tools.
- Nuggets exploring new blocks features: template editor & WebP.
- Yoast summer school announced for free SEO learnings.
- Pricing & more in 10 years success of Paid Membership Pro plugin.
- WordCamp US 2021 announced as an online event for October 01.
Take Note: Your product users on Reddit
“If you’re a plugin author/owner (or theme or host, etc.) you should search your product name in Reddit now and then. There are always people asking for help, and it’s an opportunity to show how great your customer service is. There are a bunch on there now unanswered.” A useful tip by Michelle Frechette for product makers in the WordPress ecosystem.