WordPress has achieved a good expanse even among top websites on the internet. The expansion also continues with the money flow of Automattic investments and other acquisitions. Plus, all new plugins and big product updates in this week’s issue including updates from the parallel universe of ClassicPress.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
Results: Here are 3 lucky winners of WPCodeBox lifetime license contest.
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Brand New… Joe Casabona has launched a new course to master full site editing evolution of the Gutenberg block editor to create entire websites using this WordPress feature. Also, make the video reviews collection super easy on WordPress with the newly launched easy video reviews plugin. A cool way to switch from text to video review for more appeal and engagement.
- Product Updates… Gamification in courses made with Learndash is now easy with the release of the achievements addon to award badges and points to your course students and encourage participation. Upsell plugin 4.3.0 has added a lot of new features including integration with FluentCRM, MemberPress, and WPFusion making it a more powerful sales funnel plugin for WordPress users.
- More Gravity Power… give users the ability to create and submit content without giving admin access with a new advanced post creation add-on for Gravity Forms. Adding more power, make a hub of Gravity forms in one install with the new Gravity Hopper plugin for the forms you have built across any number of websites.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WP Ecosystem… another interesting statistics to note, WordPress powers almost 10.57% of the top 10,000 websites and this share is 4.4% among top 1000 websites. And, if you are living in the alternate universe of ClassicPress (good old WordPress minus the new Gutenberg block editor), the ClassicPress migration plugin now has 5.8 support and compatibility check.
- The Money Flow… Automattic has announced an investment of $30 million in Titan.email service. Why? possible reasoning as Matt Mullenweg said this sometime back, “We need an alternative to Google and Microsoft, which have started to monopolize email”. Also, the simple feature requests plugin has a new owner, Elijah Mills and Trey Mills announced a new lifetime pricing plan.
- Easier in Blocks… if you write using the blocks editor, then todo list block should fit in perfectly. It shows to-do lists in the editor mode for pending tasks related to a specific post, and this to-do list does not show in the front-end. Also, the new version of the embed any document plugin makes it easier to embed PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel documents in the block editor.
Quick Bits 👍
- Brizy added new templates for homepage layout & landing pages.
- New Gutenberg Templates for lawyers & musical instrument dealers.
- Now accept payments in 135+ multiple currencies on Woo stores.
- Writing copy that converts for WordPress plugin companies!
- A new website? Here are first few things to do for SEO goodness.
- Interesting… Google drops the safe browsing as the ranking signal.
Meet Hackuu: Your WordPress Security Friend
WordPress product makers and users can now easily track the latest security vulnerabilities of WordPress plugins on Twitter by following the Hackuu WordPress security bot from the PatchStack team. This makes security updates tracking (which is usually boring), a little more interesting and visible!