Popular WordPress product makers are busy fine-tuning their products: be it Elementor, Beaver Builder, or Divi. Also included a new set of: automation plugin, podcast, headless stuff, WordPress events, and much-needed inspiration.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
NEW Contest: Win 3 licenses of Newsletter Glue plugin
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Launches… adding to the WordPress automation ecosystem, Thrive Automator is the latest entrant for creating smart automations that pass data between various apps, plugins, and email marketing services. Beaver Builder 2.5 ‘Contra’ is now available with a lot of improvements, especially enhancements to existing modules, new outline panel, and duplicate option for posts.
- Features & Speed… the new Elementor 3.4 version has introduced custom breakpoints functionality for (even) more control of responsive layouts in addition to existing breakpoints – along with continuous performance changes like save up to 110KB on each page load. Even Divi is going through massive update promising speed improvements from every angle!
- Got Noticed… stumbled upon a new podcast by Michael Schneider, ‘Tell Me About Blocks’ dedicated to Gutenberg block editor – why not! Lemonsqueezy, a hosted platform for selling digital products has started working on WordPress integration for selling products, memberships, and more – got my eyes for sure!
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WP Ecosystem… Matt Mullenweg shared finer details of Automattic’s funding and investments in recent times with the road to $7.5 Billion valuations. The issue of ‘WP’ word use in plugin name and slug getting rejected kept thinking heads busy this week. It was first reported by Jon Henshaw and later followed up by Sarah Gooding at WP Tavern with more insights.
- Headless Dev Focus… Alex Standiford shared about releasing a plugin boilerplate built using Underpin ,Nicholas, and AlpineJS that allows you to build a Nearly Headless WordPress theme. While Kellen Mace shared about the Atlas Content Modeler, a single tool (video here) that you can use instead of CPT UI for custom fields, ACF for custom fields, and other for relationships.
- Let’s Learn… 2021 edition of WPMRR Virtual Summit is almost here to help you start and improve the recurring revenue journey in the online world, register free for this event. Also, Elementor Academy has launched with a few courses to be better at the website stuff!
Quick Bits 👍
- Redirect after login on role basis with new Ultimate Dashboard 3.5.
- Bricks builder added real estate and WooCommerce templates.
- MetaBox has released extension for RankMath SEO integration.
- Vulnerability detected, update SEOPress to v 5.0.4 immediately.
- Gutenberg 11.3 finally brings padding and margin control options.
- WooCommerce 5.6 here with new ‘refunds & returns’ sample page.
- Grab your free ticket for WordCamp US – before they are gone!
Inspiration Bump… We all need a little push!
Xaver shared a few surprises that came along on the path that resulted in the launch of the Mailster WordPress plugin by starting off thinking to make $400 as passive income and getting the surprise of $597,50 as the first payout! Bottom line… it’s all about starting the journey and taking action bite-sized!