Thankfully WordPress decision-makers have adjusted the editor status with classic editor getting one more year as blocks editor gets better. NotificationX is the latest plugin to redo the backend with React for a faster experience. Plus, big updates for ACF, BuddyBoss, and the Events Calendar plugin users.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
LAST WEEK: Win Newsletter Glue plugin for email newsletters.
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Versions… NotificationX plugin version 2.0 has been entirely re-built with React promising a lighter and faster experience of triggering pop-ups for enhanced conversions. The first big ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) update since the acquisition by the Delicious Brains team is here. ACF 5.10 focus on enhanced security, ACF blocks improvements, and more options in the color picker.
- Big Product Updates… BuddyBoss has launched a mobile app solution for LearnDash, so the exciting mix of WordPress course website along with own Apple and Google apps. The Events Calendar plugin 5.9.0 with big stylish update focussing on CSS styling option along with more styling control via options in the WordPress customizer.
- New Launches… A new plugin solution to manage affiliate links and shorten URLs, the free version of BetterLinks from the WPDeveloper team is now available (pro version is coming soon). What to know theme details of a website using WordPress? Kinsta has launched a new WordPress theme detector tool to make things easy.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Support Extended… for the good old WordPress classic editor for a year till 2022 as a section of WordPress users still hesitant of using the Gutenberg Block editor. And, no wonder Disable Gutenberg plugin has over 600,000+ active installs.
- Blocks & Dev… why using theme.json that help themes control various aspects of the block editor has potential in the Gutenberg blocks world. Also, check this detailed overview of Gutenberg Block Editor for WordPress developers.
- Inspiration Check… with $84 million in lifetime sales, ConvertKit is the biggest success for Nathan Barry. However, the road to this success was full of ups and downs. Check this thread to see the start of this journey with the first project generating $0 revenue.
Quick Bits 👍
- How to setup staging using the WP Migrate DB Pro plugin.
- Why a WordPress agency should work with other agencies?
- More speakers (round 2) announced for WPMRR Summit 2021.
- WP Mayor is launching a new WordPress specific weekly podcast.
Google Recommends: Using ‘sponsored’ instead of ‘nofollow’?
The post at WP Tavern brought to notice the new Google Search’s link spam update. Affiliate links should have rel=”sponsored” attribute for a more clear distinction. However, Google also says here, “the nofollow attribute was previously recommended for these types of links and is still an acceptable way to flag them”. So, are you switching to sponsored attribute or still sticking with nofollow?