With changing season, expect a lot more online activity. Time to get tooling as a lot of new tools is going to debut very soon. Social Ninja is already coming with their launch lifetime deal, plus I am beta testing a bunch of interesting new tools – coming soon for web creators like us.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
Winners announced for the Newsletter Glue giveaway contest.
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- For your Toolbox… a brand new plugin WP Social Ninja is coming soon from the makers of Fluent CRM product. WP Social Ninja promises to make the display of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube social feeds, reviews, and chat super easy. And, this product will launch with an attractive lifetime deal – watch out!
- Product Updates… a big Fluent Forms 4.2 update added the much requested Stripe inline checkout feature along with Paystack and RazorPay modal payments functionality. Elementor has added a bunch of WooCommerce specific features like dynamic WooCommerce tags and a better menu cart widget.
- New Launches… Pagely hosting has launched ‘Mercury’ dynamic site acceleration features for WordPress users, it is in closed beta as of now. While, RankMath SEO plugin has added a new agency plan in the mix, ideal for web agency users offering SEO services – this plan supports 750 client websites.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WP Ecosystem… Automattic has acquired Frontity, an open source React framework for creating WordPress websites – make sense for sure. And, if you thought Chris Lema only does magic with words, see this video for Chris Lema’s awesomeness in motion promoting the fast checkout service.
- Speed bumps… are you doing a lot of things for the perfect lighthouse scores? Well, time to stop the madness of perfect lighthouse scores for Google’s attention. In practical speed updates, Autoptimize 2.9.2 plugin now with generate critical CSS button option per post and page.
- Blocks Life… Gutenberg 11.4 update added a few notable changes like gallery now use image blocks, ability to use duotone filter on featured images, and padding option for the button block. Also, here is a detailed comparison between Gutenberg and page builders – not easy to decide!
Quick Bits 👍
- Astra added new ecommerce templates for Elementor users.
- Security alert for Redux Framework users, update immediately.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.8.0 has a new block for products filter.
- WP 5.8.1 RC1 available, final release scheduled for Sep 08, 2021.
- WordPress Translation Day 2021 event from Sep 17 to 30, 2021.
- WordCamp US: Call for contributor stories for submissions.
Soon: More Launches in the WordPress space
Besides the above-mentioned WP Social Ninja, a lot of other products are launching very soon in the WordPress space. Like Beaver Builder folks are gearing to launch the pro version of the Assistant plugin, Brian Gardner’s Frost is already available for early adopters, and renamed plus improved – the PublishPress series plugin is also now available. And, a few more products I am testing (got to keep secrets)!