It is actually raining a lot of cool stuff this week in the WordPress ecosystem. Be it new plugin launches like Social Ninja, Bertha AI, and LoginWP. Or resources for extended learning like WPMRR summit, WooLauncher community, and the biggie WordCamp US. Plus, a lot of product updates to track this week – just raining!
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- This Week… two important things to remember. First, on Tuesday it is all about the WordPress goodness at the WPMRR Summit event (grab your free ticket, if not already). Second, on Wednesday all new Social Ninja Plugin from the FluentCRM team is launching with an attractive lifetime deal offer. Disclosure: I have been part of beta testing of this plugin, it is super easy and works like charm!
- New Launches… we have seen many AI powered content writing tools and here is that one that works within WordPress dashboard. Checkout Bertha AI promising super a fast way to create content for your WordPress website. Also, here is all new (rebranded) LoginWP plugin for redirecting a user after login to different URLs based on conditions like usernames, roles, and capabilities.
- Got Noticed… a new community space dedicated to WooCommerce users, check the WooLauncher community with a free lifetime membership for a limited time. And, for ClassicPress users (WordPress without Gutenberg), the TinyMCE for the classic editor will soon get an update for compatibility and new features.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Acquisition Train… continues to chug along with a big acquisition of MailChimp for $12 billion by Intuit, which currently own brands like TurboTax, QuickBooks, Mint, and Credit Karma. Also, Somewhere Warm, known for WooCommerce extensions has officially joined WooCommerce, why not – make sense!
- Product Updates… Astra theme users can look forward to an important feature release of global color palette that allows color control of the entire website from one place. WPClips with 3 new pre-coded clip modules like backups for backing up entire clips directory, editor for editing clips via WP plugin editor, and publisher for publishing blank clip templates.
- Funnels and Integrations… Groundhogg has released a new integration for Memberpress plugin users. Also, with over 40 improvements beta release of Launch Flows is coming along with new features like full Gutenberg support and ability to use with any theme or page builder, and custom checkout pages.
Quick Bits 👍
- WPEngine launched Faust, framework to create headless WP sites.
- Builderius 0.9.5 with more HTML control and GraphQL support.
- RankMath Pro v2.16.0 with ability to group 404 logs & other changes.
- ACF has reached an awesome 2million installs milestone, congrats!
- Brian Gardner has joined WPEngine as Principal Developer Advocate.
- WordCamp US 2021 schedule with topics and speakers listing.
- Guidelines to organize and attend in-person WordCamp events.
- Going into my bookmarks: Basic SVG patterns repository.
Let’s Learn: A few resources worth bookmarking!
Check out this detailed review by David McCan of various custom field plugins and how well these work with popular page builders. Also, revisit the Elementor Academy space – it is shaping up well with a lot of learning resources and video courses. Finally, is Google re-writing your page titles? Well, check the official information from Google on how it generates titles for web page results.