It is super busy for the WordPress ecosystem from every direction. Be it the crowded aspect of who acquired who, a slew of new product launches, WordPress themes with FSE power, announcements of upcoming projects, and more.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Launches… promising a super fast website building, standalone or with your favorite page builder plugin, Nexter WP is a new theme launched at a very attractive 50% off unlimited lifetime offer. Also, the Social Ninja Plugin is now available for purchase with founders lifetime deal for display social feed from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and user reviews on your WordPress websites.
- WP Resources… an updated WP Easy Guide is now available for the WordPress 5.8 version covering new blocks, duo-tone filters, and much more. Also, Christopher Hughes, a known face in the WordPress ecosystem has launched WP Champion website with resources and guides for WordPress users.
- Getting Insightful… Black Friday is still a little away but here is a collection of Black Friday insights from various seasoned folks in the WordPress ecosystem. Want to have a quick overview of the average prices of different types of WordPress plugins? Raitis Sevelis has written a pricing analysis in the part 1 (followed by part 2).
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Acquisition Train.. is now in the bullet mode with a big acquisition of LearnDash by StellarWP group and the founder. Justin Ferriman shared more about this sale. Taking things another step up, EDD, AffiliateWP, and other Sandhills plugins are now part of Syed Balkhi’s Awesome Motive. Here is behind the scene insights from Pippin Williamson and also a lot more on the Matt Report show.
- Train Chugs along… announced a while back, Honors WP has now officially completed the migration of immerseus plugins for LearnDash to their catalog. Also, Keanan Koppenhaver has acquired WP Pusher, used to deploy plugins and themes from services like GitHub, GitLab, and Bitbucket. And, WP Landing Kit is now part of themeisle collection of WP products.
- Thinking Heads… with all the acquisitions by big players, Mark Zahra asks if there is a future for small players in the WordPress space? I believe, absolutely Yes – as everyone starts small! Also, lifetime licenses are a rage in the WordPress ecosystem, ever thought how long is this lifetime? Chris Lema explains!
- Milestones & Movement… serving the WordPress audiowaves, WP Watercooler has reached an impressive milestone of 400 episodes and 9 years in production – congrats to Jason Tucker and the team. Changing roles and company, Rich Tabor has left GoDaddy to join Extendify team as head of the product.
- FSE Block Themes… check and try out this colorful WordPress theme Tove built entirely around full site editing, now available for free in the WordPress theme directory. Also, Alfredo Navas goes deeper into a WordPress theme using the FSE (full site editing) power.
Quick Bits 👍
- Want to Know Me? Here is me sharing about my WordPress life.
- Bricks Builder 1.3.4 new features like asset loading optimization.
- Brad Williams shared new Next.js WP starter for headless websites.
- A new guide on DNS management for agencies by Brian Francoeur.
- Siteground’s centralized DNS coming to shared hosting on Sep 23.
- WooCommerce 5.7 added a new hook & a few minor changes.
- WordCamp US: Is attending WordCamp a smart investment?
Coming Soon: Announced and launching soon!
Before the Launch, here are a few announced projects waiting for your attention. Ben Townsend is brewing a Product Hunt alternative for WordPress users aptly named WP Hunts to give attention to new products in the WordPress space. While David Gwyer shared about the Gutenberg block editor-focused inner blocks project focussed on the block development journey.