This week, a few top WordPress product(s) websites had a polished website makeover. Also, a bunch of new plugin releases, big milestone achievements, the launch of WPPodcasts, and the exciting next edition of the Page Builder Summit.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
NEW Contest: Win lifetime license of ShopEngine for Elementor.
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Launches… GiveWP has launched peer-to-peer fundraising solution enabling your supporters to raise money on your behalf on a WordPress website. Also, now you can easily add the power of live webinars and video conferences with Jisti Meet and host live video meetings directly on your WordPress website.
- Got Noticed… Tailwind CSS theme for WordPress, check the Gust theme that supports Tailwind CSS utility classes, purge CSS, Tailwind config, and more. Also, SEO schema rich-snippet support has been added in the first big update to the Social Ninja plugin’s reviews module, making the output more SEO friendly.
- Take Note… one of the best online event for WordPress users, the Page Builder Summit 2021 edition is back. I was a speaker in the first two editions and this time (third edition) – going to be a speaker from the ‘vault’. And, find what you need to hear WordPress related with all-new WPPodcasts launched by the HeroPress network.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WOW Milestones… started as a fork of Jigoshop, WooCommerce is celebrating its 10 years journey. It is now the top eCommerce solution for WordPress users, with (almost) no close 2nd competitor! Also, FluentCRM email marketing automation solution is celebrating its first anniversary has seen tremendous success in the past year and now powering 10,000+ websites.
- Blocks Life… Gutenberg everywhere from Automattic allows Gutenberg block editor use at various places like WordPress comments, admin pages, BuddyPress, and more. Also, responsive style controls have been added to the Genesis Block plugin for making adjustments to mobile and tablet views.
- Dev Focus… Juliette Reinders Folmer explained what has changed in the WordPress core PHP test suite. Also, can domain mapping be a worthy alternative to WordPress Multisite – interesting. Finally, a few (best) ways to encrypt passwords and keys with PHP.
Quick Bits 👍
- Divi has new conditional options to hide and display content.
- Akismet 4.2 more optimized for fewer network requests.
- Coming soon, webfonts API in the WordPress Core (in 5.9v).
- Payment page has annouced being a Stripe verified partner.
- Easily setup email routing with Cloudflare email routing service.
Brand New Look WordPress Websites!
Check the brand new look of websites in the WordPress space. First, the Gravity Forms website has an all-new look that is very colorful and polished, yet very readable. Second, the SEOPress website dropped its blue color splash going all white with a jazzy font choice (I like it!). Bonus, Matt Mullenweg shared about the redesigned and relaunched PrintMag website powered by WordPress.