Deciding on the best plugin or theme in the WordPress ecosystem is a super difficult task. Now, you have the power of this decision-making with the debut edition of ‘The WP Awards 2021’. Also included in this issue are new plugins, the upcoming 2022 theme, and a bunch of new launches.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
Contest ENDS This Week: Win lifetime license of ShopEngine for Elementor.
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Launches… making wireframing super easy with the power of blocks editor, Astra theme now has wireframe blocks in starter templates made with UAG (Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg) plugin. And, making Elementor layouts cooler, animated gradient background feature is now available in the PowerPack addon.
- Blocks Life… using custom SVG icons in block layouts made easier with the icon block plugin by Nick Diego, v1.1.0 focussed on icon categorization in the library. Also, update on the continued accessibility improvements in the block editor. Finally, an easy walkthrough on creating a new block for the Gutenberg editor.
- New Plugins… promising a super-fast checkout experience on WooCommerce websites, the new fast cart plugin is now available, that displays cart in a popup for quicker checkout. And, for headless WordPress websites, a free plugin Atlas Content Modeler (ACM) for creating custom data models has been released by WPEngine.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- New Official Theme… here is the beautiful first look of the official 2022 WordPress theme that leverages the FSE (full site editing) and block editor, promising to be “the most flexible default theme ever created for WordPress”. Also, going deeper into universal themes that bridge the gap between classic and block themes.
- Acquisition Train… Project Huddle launched 5 years ago by Andre Gagnon that helps in visual design feedback on WordPress websites has been acquired by the Brainstorm Force team. This should result in more features and attention to Project Huddle moving forward!
- WP Journalism… when there is confusion in the factual aspect of the content because of the pull of sponsorship, then it results in things explained in this hit piece saga by Justin Tadlock over at WPTavern. And Sarah Gooding, the other flag bearer at the WPTavern shares her thoughts on being a journalist in the WordPress space.
Quick Bits 👍
- NewsletterGlue now with Moosend, Mailjet, SendGrid integrations.
- Kadence has released a new starter template for Church websites.
- Insights: Performance impact of using jQuery in WordPress themes.
- HeroPress Network launched with all WP goodness at one place.
- BricksBuilder founder Thomas Ehrig in an interview at Convesio.
- WordCamp Taiwan 2021, call for speakers open till Oct 15, 2021.
Finding the Best for WordPress Users?
Digging out the best in the WordPress ecosystem ain’t easy, considering tons of choices. As pointed by Chris Lema, there are 59,000 plugins, and finding the best (for you) needs effort (from you). Giving WordPress users (you) the charge of this decision making, announcing The WP Awards 2021 where you vote and decide the best WordPress stuff in each category and overall winners. The event sponsorship options and nominations of your favorite WordPress things are open now.
Black Friday Deals 2021: Just like the last year, there will be a big Black Friday deals page – neatly organized and easy to browse. Submit your deals information for listing on the Black Friday Deals page. The listing is free, like before, and always.