Getting into the advanced mode for even more conversions is easier in WordPress with a host of new solutions. Be it for funnels like WP Funnels or personalized messaging with Logic Hop or If-So solutions or quick eCommerce route of tip jar setup. All this and loads of other WordPress updates included in this issue.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
NEW CONTEST: Win 3 WS Form licenses & see Master Addons contest results
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Plugins… a new funnel builder joining the likes of LaunchFlows and others, WP Funnels promises to make high converting landing pages, funnels, and checkout flows super easy. Also, checkout Orderable plugin from StellarWP for easy restaurant orders on your WooCommerce website. Fyi, previously this plugin was part of IconicWP (which was later acquired by StellarWP).
- Dynamic Personalization… noticed Logic Hop plugin that promises to add cool personalization in your marketing messages for your website visitors. Taking another approach is if-so solution that can add or replace website content based on visitor profile or interaction actions allowing more opportunity for conversions.
- Quick eCommerce… ConvertKit email marketing service has launched Tip Jar feature, enabling a super easy way for creators to monetize their content quickly. If this interests you, then there is a similar WordPress hosted solution through the GiveWP Tip Jar feature – also quick and super easy!
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WordPress Events… the first in-person event for 2022, WordCamp Birmingham is scheduled for February 4-5, 2022, meeting at the Sidewalk Film Center and Cinema in Downtown Birmingham. WordFest, Festival of WordPress events have been announced for 2022, scheduled for March 04, 2022 and Sep 09, 2022.
- Blocks Bliss… the official WordPress theme directory now has ‘full site editing’ filter listing over 27 WordPress themes with FSE goodness. Also, the new proposed design of the official Gutenberg demo page looks rather cool and a big update when compared to how the current page looks!
- Big Moves… Patchstack security solution for WordPress has changed their pricing plans. It has now a free plan for upto 99 websites and a new unlimited business plan. RankMath team is working on launching all new Content AI plugin, your personal artificial intelligence assistant for more SEO friendly content.
- Dev Focus… here for a better editing experience for theme.json and block.json files with automatic tooltips and validation. Also, check three life improving tools for the intensive process WordPress plugins development.
- Make A Difference… one step at a time, WordPress Gives A Hand is back #wpgivesahand. For every sale between Dec 20, 2021 and Dec 26, 2021 of the listed products, WordPress community members will donate % of revenue supporting people in need. Join in!
Quick Bits 👍
- Divi now with 100s of new icons and an improved icon picker.
- Autonami with Wishlist integration for members import & more.
- Bricks 1.3.5 added much requested global CSS classes feature.
- WordPress 5.8.2 Release Candidate 1 is available for testing.
- Easier Blocks with template focus mode while editing parts.
- Jetpack has acquired WP vulnerability database, WPScan.
- Note: Google My Business rebrand as Google Business Profile.
Progress Update: The WP Awards 2021
Just love how the WordPress community has given a super reception to The WP Awards 2021. So far, 1400+ people have voted across various categories and products. Also, thanks to all those who have reached out giving valuable suggestions to make the next awards edition even better. Finally, many thanks to amazing WordPress people who have shared and spread the word and of course the following sponsors in making this effort financially viable.