A lot of new launches this week: a new plugin like Fluent Support, a new theme called Kwik, a new course for WordPress plugin development, and the upcoming new stuff from WP Fusion, Pods, Elementor, and more. Plus, the next big WordPress release has been delayed and will show up in 2022.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
185+ Deals are now listed on the WordPress Black Friday 2021 Deals page across various categories along with details of coupon code and discount percentage off.
Winners: Who won 3 WS Form licenses in the giveaway contest
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Brand New… Shahjahan Jewel revealed, “100+ copies sold within 2 hours”. The Fluent Support plugin is off to a big start, a customer support ticketing system all hosted on WordPress (founder’s lifetime deal is up for grabs). While, the Thrive Themes team has launched Kwik WordPress Theme promising to be lightening fast, conversion focused, and optimized for CWV (Core Web Vitals).
- New Launches… Alex Standiford has released a free course to build a WordPress block from existing blocks along with a premium WordPress plugin developement course for code loving users. Here are more details along with screenshots of Kadence Conversions to implement popups, modals, slide-ins, banners on WordPress sites. Also, a new plugin to quickly create Blockbase child theme.
- Coming Soon… see a timeline of your user(s) activities and engagements, the event tracking feature is coming in WP Fusion to complement with CRM tool of your choice. Also, good news for Pods users as Pods 2.9 is now fully funded – thanks to amazing folks at Gravity Forms. Hence, the much requested repeatable fields feature is on track along with the upcoming Pods GF 2.0 release.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WP 2021 to 2021… the next WordPress 5.9 version release has been delayed due to a few items that could not be resolved for the beta 1 stage. Now, the WordPress 5.9 version is expected to release on Jan, 25, 2022 (most likely). Also, here is welcoming six new core committers making an entry in the list of committers contributing to WordPress releases in the year 2021.
- WP Insights… how business during covid times boomed to $1.2m with 12+ full time employees, Jason Coleman from Paid Membership Pro shared finer details in his transparency report for 2020. Also, the founder of OceanWP, Nicolas Lecocq has launched a new OlympusWP theme and Zeus Elementor, also explained his side of the story – regarding what happened to the OceanWP brand.
- Easy Custom Blocks… Matt Watson explained the process (the challenge and code) of creating a custom Gutenberg block for the WP Owls website. Also noticed, this new wicked block builder plugin promising to make the process of creating custom blocks super simple, easy, and without any programming!
- Blocks Life… locked blocks feature in the latest Gutenberg for sure will be handy. As explained by Matías Ventura, this allows editing of the content without the ability to modify or re-arranging elements, thereby preserving the overall layout design. Also, see how do WooCommerce blocks render interactive blocks in the frontend.
- WooCommerce Only… adding the recurring payments feature on WooCommerce store, noticed autoship cloud as a possible alternative for this use case. Also, checkout new pro WooCommerce widgets that Elementor team has built for quick setup and configuration of shop pages with cart, checkout, and my account elements.
Quick Bits 👍
- Want to Know… who writes this? My interview at Convesio.
- Slim SEO 3.11.0 added migration option for SEOPress plugin.
- Kadence theme has reached impressive 100,000 active installs.
- A free jobs platform launched at Freelancers Tools website.
- Your Take: Submit at the Web Care Consultants Survey 2021.
- Your attention with We Are The Web Creators from Elementor.
- Official Now: Liquid Web’s acquisition of Modern Tribe brand.
Last Big Week: The WP Awards 2021
The pace of voting has been tremendous for The WP Awards 2021 event. Almost 2000+ amazing WordPress people have voted for their favorite WordPress things across various categories. Let’s make this last week even bigger as voting closes on Nov 30, 2021. So, share it in your online network – for a big finish!