Here to the renewed community focus with the next ‘in-person’ WordCamp Europe event and later the big one – WordCamp US. In addition, let’s focus on community voices be it on accessibility, beyond FSE, or possible trouble with the future of WordPress! Also in this issue, product deals that you should not miss, a lot of new plugins, and gearing up for WordPress 6.0 release.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Big Updates… Fluent Forms 4.3.6 has added the much-requested Airtable integration to send data collected via your Fluent Forms to Airtable for further analysis and collaboration. While NewsletterGlue has launched the Newsletter Templates feature with 10 pre-built templates and the ability to set a specific template as active that auto-loads when writing a new newsletter.
- Good Grabs… here is the last chance to get Social Ninja Plugin at a discounted lifetime price before this offer ends on May 31, 2022, and pricing is revised. Also, GeneratePress theme is celebrating 8 years with the lifetime plan offer at a one-time payment of $219 and a $44 yearly discounted price. Finally, do visit the Elementor website tomorrow, May 24, 2022, for their big birthday surprise!
- Plugins Focus… Francisco has acquired a polling system plugin and rebranded it as LiquidPoll Plugin. It is available for free in the WordPress repository and the pro version is launching soon. Also, there is a new free MB Toolset Migration plugin that allows you to migrate all the custom fields from Toolset to MetaBox easily.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- WordCamp US 2022… the call for Sponsors is now open for Silver, Bronze, and Digital levels, as Platinum and Gold levels are already sold out. On the same topic, Devin Walker asked, “Would you spend $30-60k to sponsor and only reach 650 people in person?” Also, The Kim Parsell Memorial Scholarship is returning to the WordCamp US.
- WP Perspective… selling accessibility from the point of turnover and conversions, Anne-Mieke Bovelett explains the cold commercial side of accessibility. FSE (Full Site Editing) is the talk of the WordPress town, but there is more to WordPress than FSE, as elaborated by Tom McFarlin. Also, Spencer Forman is noticing the troubling trend of WordPress hurtling toward a closed source future – do you?
- Blocks Life… Stackable version 3.3.2 has a new time-saving multiple design selection feature allowing you to select multiple wireframes and block designs from the Design Library and add them all at once. Also, here is how you can use the block locking feature and configure client access, as explained by Courtney Robertson.
- Readying for WP 6.0… how is it like building a website with WordPress 5.0 vs 6.0? Anne McCarthy published a video explaining it all. Also, the WordPress VIP blog highlighted the WordPress 6.0 release features that would be useful for enterprise marketers.
- Product Updates… DevKinsta v 2.6.0 now has the ability to automatically remove the partially-created site when website creation is canceled. Also, the latest WP Fusion update allows you to control the availability of LiferLMS access plans using tags or lists in your connected CRM. Finally, the Toolset plugin (1.6.3) is now fully compatible with PHP 8 version.
Quick Bits 👍
- Me (Davinder) at GoDaddy Pro webinar ‘Grow WordPress Business’.
- Venmo Donations support is now available in the GiveWP plugin.
- WordPress 6.0 Release Candidate 4 (RC4) is available for testing.
- WPEngine has a new site monitoring tool for its hosting users.
- Convesio has a new Dutch website for entrance point into Europe.
- WordPress Accessibility Day online conference on Nov 2-3, 2022.
- Here goes… The WP Quiz to know WordPress in a fun way, soon!
A lot of New Plugins need your attention!
Xavier, the creator of the Mailster plugin has released a free Local Google Fonts plugin to load fonts locally and make your website GDPR compliant. LottieFiles (official?) has released Lottie block for Gutenberg plugin for displaying fancy Lottie animations assets on your WordPress websites.
If you are ‘not a Gutenberg block’ user, then Remove Block Library Styles plugin should be a helping hand. Strictly for Elementor users, get Owl Carousel on your Elementor website with Responsive Owl Carousel for Elementor plugin.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly