There is always something interesting in the WordPress space every week. Did you know “1 in 5 people learned about WordPress from a coworker”? More interesting stuff like the WordPress Icons Library project, Elementor Flexbox integration, many new Block Themes, and more AI buzz.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Simple Cool Things… if you don’t like doing multiple clicks to preview your post in the block editor, then check Add Permalink to Editor plugin released by Ivo Jerković – handy! Also, check the searchable guide of WordPress Icons Library from Gutenberg’s WordPress icon library package by Aurooba Ahmed and Brian Coords.
- New Launches… content decay can be an SEO issue, “As your content age, it starts to lose rankings.”. To address this, Syed Balki shared about the new content rankings report feature added to the AIOSEO plugin. Also, LifterLMS has launched the Sky Pilot Theme, promising to give the best learner experience with a theme built exclusively for courses and membership websites.
- New Themes… WPZOOM has released the Inspiro Blocks PRO theme that is fully compatible with the new Full Site Editor along with a lot of options for customization. Brian Gardner has been working on the Frost project for over two years, and now the Frost Theme v1.0 is available in the themes directory. Also, check Stacks – the first community theme available in the themes directory.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Acquisition Train… WPBeginner Growth Fund has invested in the HeroThemes business, which sells a knowledge base theme and plugin. While MemberPress (which is part of WPBeginner Growth Accelerator) has acquired the WishList Member plugin, which is popular for membership and course websites.
- For ACF Users… the team at Hookturn has released a new ACF Remote Sync plugin allowing you to set up a network of sites and migrate ACF field groups between them. Also, the Advanced Custom Fields v6.1.5 update comes with the ability to create a new field group from the post-save actions for a post type or taxonomy that will automatically populate the field group title.
- New Integrations… MemberPress has added Elementor Flexbox integration to create near-infinite pay walling possibilities with MemberPress Rules and Elementor Flexbox containers. While the free Automator plugin 4.14 release has added integrations for Zoho Campaigns and the Thrive Quiz Builder.
- Product Updates… PatchStack has introduced the new Developer Plan, which includes up to 50 web apps for a fixed price of $99 per month. While WordPress (.) com has launched the staging site feature, the ability to sync staging with the live site will come later. Also, the Visual Composer is now included in the WP Builders Fight Club project for page builders comparison.
- Core Buzz… noticed this brewing, creating a temporary backup of plugins and themes before updating. Also, Gutenberg 15.7 update (May 03, 2023) now allows you to use the Site Logo block to directly replace the logo in the sidebar for the block.
- WordPress Events… WordPress Accessibility Day 2023, the speaker applications are now open till Jun 11, 2023, for this event scheduled for Sep 27, 2023. Also, check the full schedule for the 2023 edition of the WPCampus event.
Quick Bits 👍
- Kinsta has rolled out PHP 8.2 version for its WordPress users.
- Check this massive 6hrs+ video on creating a website by Imran!
- Airwaves: Hear how Beaver Builder is going well & innovating.
- ACF Future: Participate in the first-ever ACF Annual Survey 2023.
- Apply for travel grants for WordCamp US 2023 via MasterWP.
- WordPress at 20: Celebrate with ‘From Blogs to Blocks’ campaign.
- End of Passwords? Passkeys for your Google account is here!
- 6 new on Tools Page like WPPB, WPSpeakers, Sponsorship Deck.
Key Observations: WordPress 2022 Annual Survey!
The 2022 Annual Survey Results brought forward a few interesting observations. Interestingly, 21% of respondents use none of the top 20 WordPress plugins. Also, 1 in 5 respondents learned about WordPress from a coworker. And, no wonder – 22% of respondents have only used WordPress for a year or less.
More AI Goodness in the WordPress Space…
Marcus Burnette has launched the WP AI Universe project, a directory listing AI tools for WordPress users. While GutenbergHub has released Dall-E AI Image Generator to generate images powered by Dall-E API within the WordPress dashboard in the block editor. And, point to take note – Should AI also creep into the WordPress core? Check the discussion starter by Anne from Automattic.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly