Well, AI influence in the WordPress space keeps getting big. This week saw the release of AI-powered features like the one-click blog and figuring out SQL queries – in addition to two new AI plugins. Also, a look into WordPress turning 20 years old, big numbers around it, and future predictions.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Niche Launches… Marcus Burnette brought to notice his hidden gem of a side project called The WP World, where you can discover WordPress users in your city and country. While for the WordPress podcast listeners, check the new podcast called Breakdown from the Gravity Forms team hosted by Matt Medeiros.
- AI-Powered Features… GetGenie Version 3.6.0 has added a one-click blog feature that allows you to generate an entire blog post with just one click based on your choice of keywords, title, intro, and outline. While the JetEngine 3.2 Beta release has added the first ChatGPT integration to help you deal with SQL queries.
- New AI + WP Launches… the team at Stylemix has released the AiBud WP Pro plugin with a chat and fine-tuning feature that enables you to train the Chatbot by providing examples from which it can learn. While Robert DeVore shared about the launch of Intellipress, promising to be a smart AI assistant for WordPress, combining the power of AI with the Gutenberg block editor.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Interesting Updates… Vikas Singhal shared the preview of the upcoming InstaStore feature, where you can register as a seller and then sell templates directly. Making things easy, Meta Box has a new Add-new feature allowing you to add new posts, taxonomies, and users right in the custom fields without changing the screen.
- Product Updates… MemberPress has added order bumps feature allowing you to sell add-on items at the checkout automatically. While the WPML has relaunched its Translation Hub Service, which provides a simple, free, self-service method for translation services, agencies and freelancers who want to translate WordPress sites for their clients.
- Blocks Life… if you build layouts using the block editor, then check all new PatternsWP plugin that gives you access to the block patterns library, facilitating a quicker head start in building layouts. While GutenbergHub has released a new Scroll Box plugin that allows you to add dynamic scroll-able content block to your website.
- New Integrations… the next update to the Timetics plugin (May 29, 2023) will add new integrations for Pabbly, Zoom, Zapier, and WooCommerce. The free Automator plugin (4.15) has added integrations for Charitable and Microsoft Teams. While the pro version of the Automator plugin (4.13) now has integrations for ThriveCart and Typeform. Also, the Mail Mint plugin now has the Fluent Forms integration for capturing leads.
- New Plugins… coming from contributors at the 2023 CloudFest Hackathon, the MariaDB Health Checks plugin helps you debug your MariaDB database and is now available in the WordPress plugins repository. Also, I noticed the recently released RioVizual plugin to create responsive tables within the block editor interface.
- WordCamp EU & Diversity… good to notice that WordCamp Europe 2023 will have a panel discussion focusing on women and non-binary folx in the WordPress ecosystem. While Michelle Frechette wrote in detail about the observation concerning speakers diversity at the WordCamp EU and the follow up reactions.
- WP Milestones… Imran Siddiq’s Web Squadron Youtube channel has crossed 23K subscribers, impressive for sure! While the free version of the Spectra page builder has achieved 500k active installations, the pro version of this plugin is expected soon.
Quick Bits 👍
- AI Power: Dan Norris wrote 20 WP specific articles in 1 day!
- Stackable’s new user interface for better layouts building flow.
- Dev Focus: wp-now launches your local environment in 5 sec!
- Get WP20 Book: Building Blocks, The Evolution of WordPress.
- Participate in the State of WordPress Developer Tools Survey.
- See photos from the WordCamp Lisboa, Portugal, 2023 event.
20 Years of WordPress Journey!
On the 20th birthday of WordPress, Matt Mullenweg shared the WordPress co-founder Mike Little’s message – WordPress indeed has come a long way, as evidenced by big numbers shared by WP VIP like 700+ sites get built daily on WordPress with over 65% of the global CMS market share. Here are a few more WordPress Facts and numbers from the 20i Hosting team.
InMotion Hosting published an exhaustive recap looking at the history of WordPress. WPEngine has created vintage looking WordPress Time Machine website to travel through 20 years of WordPress and the Internet. While Siteground is celebrating 19 years of journey with WordPress’s 20th anniversary.
Jonathan Wold at Guildenberg with a future look into the next 20 years of WordPress. While WebDevStudios highlighted that the better way to celebrate WordPress’ 20th anniversary is by contributing to the platform through the ‘Five for the Future’ initiative.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly