Like the last issue, this week also has a lot of AI Powers invading the WordPress ecosystem (for good!). Also, tracking new releases from Gravity Forms, WPFunnels, and Breakdance. Check many new plugins that are worth your attention and the big news of the RankMath SEO acquisition.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Releases… the team at Gravity Forms has released Google Analytics Add-On 2.0, which supports the upcoming changes to Google Analytics and facilitates form data tracking when using Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Also, WPFunnels has made available the much requested Zapier integration along with other updates.
- New AI Assistants… Jannis Thümmig has launched GPTEverest AI Assistant, which can interact with your WordPress website visitors on your behalf, from answering simple questions to performing complex tasks. While the latest update to the Altis Accelerate plugin has added integration of OpenAI’s technology bringing AI powers to the WordPress editor.
- More AI Powers… a very insightful post by Kim Doyal focusing on the underappreciated power of AI and ChatGPT beyond the super excitement and fear of job losses. While the Rocket (.)net hosting has launched a global edge platform powered by AI for real-time traffic management to enable maximum uptime and performance.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Automattic in Motion… Is Automattic building an AI plugin? Matt Medeiros published a summary of Automattic’s possible dive into the world of AI – after having left behind in the page builder race. Also, WordPress (.)com shared about the paid email newsletter setup on their platform and help creators make money – a direct competition to Substack; why not!
- Builder Updates… Breakdance Builder v1.3 is a big update with new features like WooCommerce custom product loops, vertical mega menus, isotope filtering, and query builder meta queries. Also, check this comparison video by David McCan of two uniquely positioned builder addons, Greenshift and Cwicly, for the block editor.
- Product Updates… Wholesale Order Form v3.0 has new Add to Cart elements that can be inserted into the order form’s table, header, and footer. While the WPCode has released the Smart Tags for code snippets feature that allows you to add dynamic items in your scripts.
- Dev Focused… WPML has released the WPML GraphQL plugin that enables full multilingual support within the WPGraphQL schema for developers using Gatsby, React, Vue, and other popular front-end technologies. While the Perfmatters plugin has added WP-CLI support (Command-line Interface) for managing plugin license key activation. Also, the new WP-CLI v2.8.0 release is now available.
- Business of WP… the popular RankMath SEO plugin has been acquired by Group One, which already owns plugins like WP Rocket and more. While InstaWP has partnered with Atarim allowing you to quickly spin up a website with InstaWP and then easily get website feedback from clients with Atarim.
- WP, People, & Products… often, not talked about – no code contributions! Glad to see Birgit Olzem highlighting how no-code contributions drive DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) in the WordPress ecosystem. While Gobinda Tarafdar’s first FSE Mr Writer theme has achieved 100+ active installs milestone.
Quick Bits 👍
- Live Now: WordPress Lifetime Deals database with 170+ deals.
- CubeWP website has all new look with a neat looking design.
- Gravity Forms has a new Nonprofit License Option at $129/yr.
- Want to guest blog at WordPress(.)com? Here is how to start.
- Individual Learner Survey: Results with analysis now available.
- Matt shared about the launch of Audrey Scholars program.
Tracking Cool New WordPress Plugins & Themes!
Pro Version Releases… Rogier Lankhorst has released the pro version of Burst Statistics Plugin that promises privacy friendly analytics data for your WordPress website (free version). While Jonathan Jernigan and Elijah Mills have released the pro version of the Pie Calendar Plugin that turns any post into an event and displays it in the front-end calendar (free version).
Free Plugin Releases… Jason Cosper’s Biscotti plugin allows you to modify the expiration of the logged-in WordPress user cookie to three months, six months, or one year. Also, Igor Benić’s NewsletterGate Plugin is now available in the plugins directory that helps you gate/restrict content for your newsletter subscribers.
New Themes… check a very neat looking Jadro Theme with FSE (Full Site Editing) support and focus on speed optimization. For the non-FSE focused website building, check the free BE Starter theme by Bill Erickson.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly