A good bunch of new plugins to track this week, like Spectra Pro, Dynamic Shortcodes, FuseWP, and User Feedback. Plus updates from page builder plugins, SEO plugins, WooCommerce, WordCamp EU, and Automattic’s AI dive.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New Plugins Soon… after being in the testing phase for quite some time, the Spectra Pro Plugin for block editor users is finally available for download and test drive (goes on sale in 1-2 weeks). Also, check the upcoming Dynamic Shortcodes Plugin by the Dynamic OOO team that replaces shortcodes with dynamic content. You can test drive the beta version, and here is a video by Paul explaining more.
- Being Resourceful… check Johannes, an open-source wireframe kit (Figma) with a library of ready-to-use components to help in your WordPress design projects. Also, the team at Freemius has launched a new plugin(.)fm podcast, with the first episode featuring Katie Keith of Barn2 plugins talking about the impact of mastermind groups.
- New Freemium Plugins… Collins Agbonghama has launched FuseWP which allows you to sync WordPress users with email marketing and CRM services and supports MailChimp and Constant Contact for a start (free plugin). While Syed Balki’s team at MonsterInsights has released a free plugin, User Feedback – that allows you to create interactive feedback forms, surveys, and polls.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Automattic’s AI Dive… as speculated, the first AI dive from Automattic is here in the form of JetPack AI Assistant that allows quick generation of content like headlines, entire posts, and translations. Also, check this video of Matt Mullenweg discussing about the AI revolution with Jamie Marsland.
- Page Builder Updates… Beaver Builder has teased the upcoming Box Module to create more refined responsive layouts out of the box, along with the release of premium Beaver templates called Beaver Kit. While the team at Brizy has added cool hover animations to both Brizy WordPress and Brizy Cloud service.
- SEO Plugins Update… SEOPress 6.7 has a brand new design for the SEO dashboard, promising a better user experience. Slim SEO 3.21 free plugin update now allows you to set meta tags for post type archives or exclude a post type from the sitemap.
- New Integrations… MailOptin has added integration for Omnisend – a popular marketing platform for eCommerce and email marketing. While Stackable has announced integration with Weglot allowing easy language translation on websites made with Stackable blocks.
- For Woo Users… WooCommerce version 8.2 is scheduled for release on October 2023; the minimum PHP requirements will be PHP 7.4 or newer – take note! Also, High-Performance Order Storage (HPOS) for WooCommerce is coming in the second half of 2023 promising faster order processing and checkout experience.
- WP Ecosystem… Alex Denning published a report highlighting, in 2023, the demand for WordPress is up 11.3% and for WooCommerce is up 1.0%, with half a million more people searching for WordPress and WooCommerce every month. Also, Automattic has been featured in the Global Most Loved Workplaces 2023 list.
- WP Milestones… the EmbedPress plugin that allows embedding of content from 150+ sources is celebrating 80,000+ active installs. While All in One SEO (AIOSEO) plugin is celebrating its 16th birthday with a sale and Google Pixel giveaway contest.
Quick Bits 👍
- Looks: Atarim website has all new look which is definitely neat.
- GetGenie Linkedin Post Template for LinkedIn posts with AI.
- LearnDash Cloud with free Object Cache Pro instead of $950/yr.
- Ninja Tables 5.0.0 first big update of 2023 performance focused.
- Elliot Condon, ACF Founder, is readying for WordPress comeback.
WordCamp EU action and beyond!
Created at WordCamp EU… Joost de Valk at the WordCamp EU 2023 Contributor Day created a plugin that embeds the WordPress playground through a shortcode, among other things. While Arūnas Liuiza created a plugin that lets you know if one of your WordPress plugins has been closed in the official repository.
More from WordCamp EU… check the keynote video featuring WordPress co-founder, Matt Mullenweg, Gutenberg Architect, Matías Venture, and Executive Director, Josepha Haden Chomphosy reflect on WordPress in 2023 and aspirations for the coming year. Also, catch all the updates and photos from WordCamp EU at the WCEU tag on Twitter.
WordCamps Buzz… the next year, WordCamp Europe 2024 will be in Torino, Italy, on June 13, 2024. Also, WordCamp Kathmandu 2023 (Nepal) has been announced and is scheduled for Sep 08, 2023, at Alice Receptions, Gairidhara, Kathmandu. The call for speakers and sponsors is now open for this event.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly