NASA funding feature in a WordPress plugin is a big thing. Also, check a few big and popular websites using the WordPress platform. This issue also features the Platform InMotion launch, new plugins for Gravity Forms, a bunch of plugins acquired by Group (.) one, and an eye on WordCamp US happening this week!
❤️ The WP Awards 2023 with busy Nominations phase – submit a nomination for your WordPress product or service. Thanks to InMotion Hosting, 20i Hosting, Pressable, Unlimited WP, Meta Box, and Slim SEO for the support.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- New for Gravity Users… Fetcher for Gravity Forms by JetSloth provides inline links to common admin pages and actions. Ideal for users with several forms, allowing an easy access to the form editor, entries, exports and more. Also, the 1.0v of Gravity Forms Advanced Select is now available that enhances the interface of Drop Down, Multi Select, and Address fields.
- New Launches… inMotion Hosting has launched a new Platform InMotion, to power WordPress websites with the purpose built VPS infrastructure that comes with an easy to use custom dashboard. Also, Kyle Van Deusen has launched the Agency Copilot featuring checklists created especially for WordPress professionals.
- Plugins & Security… the Eazy Plugin Manager has added a remote management feature allowing you to manage all WordPress plugins across multiple websites from one source. While the CAPTCHA 4WP has added out of the box support for hCaptcha and Cloudflare Turnstile services for CAPTCHA checks on WordPress websites.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- Product Updates… MetaBox has made UX/UI changes for better viewing of sub-fields and a button to quickly add sub-fields, along with facilitating the quick editing of the labels and IDs of the fields. Also, MainWP 4.5v update has introduced redesigned dashboard navigation and has made widgets flexible, allowing you to drag, stretch or shrink them as per your requirements.
- New Integration… Paid Memberships Pro now has added seamless integration for the LifterLMS plugin, when enabled, will allow it to handle all checkouts, memberships, restrictions, and user fields. Amelia 6.5v has added a new option to duplicate Special Days and integration for Google Analytics 4 events.
- Upcoming Beta Features… the Beaver Builder team shared about the upcoming features like the box module, global styles, and global colors. While Xaver shared that Mailster 4.0v is coming with many features like block forms and easier automation journey visualization.
- Acquisition Train… there was a surprise with group (.)one announcing the acquisition of BackWPup, Adminimize, and Search & Replace WordPress products joining their existing portfolio of WordPress products like RankMath SEO, WP Rocket, and Imagify. Inpsyde sold these products to focus on their core competencies of working with enterprise clients.
- Dev Focused… Ryan Welcher has compiled a list of recipes for block developers for a new workshop, “Block Developers Cookbook” check the listing and share yours. While Dennis Snell shared the latest update on HTML API introduction, requirements, usage, and the future direction.
- WordCamps Action… WordCamp Kathmandu 2023 will have a groundbreaking all-women panel, the first of any WordCamp in Nepal, featuring Eeda Rijal, Jasmin Shrestha, Kabita Dhimal, and Saloni Mehta. The call for volunteers is open for the WordCamp Asia 2024 event. Also, WordCamp US 2023 is happening this week; take note of the schedule of sessions and the keynote address.
Quick Bits 👍
- Preview: New design template, Lights Of Love, for Breakdance.
- See favorites in the plugins stack of Mark Westguard of WSform.
- The Fluent Support plugin has crossed 6,000+ installs milestone.
- An interesting list of 22 popular websites made with WordPress.
- Check the visually presented WordPress 6.3 contribution stats.
- A look back at WP celebrating 20 years, and A Heartfelt Thanks!
- Thanks: The WP Weekly’s Twitter has crossed 4000+ followers.
NASA Funds and the term ‘Underrepresented Gender’.
This is big… Amber Hinds shared that NASA has selected EqualizeDigital Accessibility Checker for automated accessibility testing their new website and will fund the development of a front-end highlighting feature in the Equalize Digital Accessibility Checker WordPress plugin.
WP Perspectives… Anne McCarthy has proposed using the term “Underrepresented Gender Led Release” for the WordPress 6.4 release instead of “all women led release”. While Lax Mariappan rightly points out that not all WordPress websites are the same, with each website featuring a different mix of requirements and tools in focus.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly