This issue is loaded with updates from many products like LearnDash, SureCart, FunnelKit, Elementor, PowerPack, WP Rocket, and more. Also, a few loaded follow-up conversations to, for, and from Matt Mullenweg. Plus, there is a new Elementor course, LiquidWeb dedicated hosting, Kadence Marketplace, and more.
❤️ The WP Awards 2023 – Nominations phase is over; watch out for Voting which opens very soon! Thanks to InMotion Hosting, 20i Hosting, Pressable, Unlimited WP, Meta Box, and Slim SEO for the support.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- WordPress Themes & Layouts… Melissa Love at StyleCloud has launched all new themes with beautiful designs powered by Kadence block builder and WordPress. Also, Verdi Heinz has brought to notice the Skelementor project by Abdullah Al Afique, featuring the largest collection of ready-to-use and free Elementor component library.
- WordPress Services… SureCart 2.7v has added product collections feature that enables you to group products together and display them on dedicated product collection pages. Also, the website(s) management platform, WP Umbrella has added a security monitoring feature powered by Patchstack to alert about theme vulnerabilities, plugin vulnerabilities, and more.
- Got Noticed… Sven Lehnert is building the WP Toolkit service that allows you to translate a WordPress Plugin into any language, early access is now available for testing this service. Also, the official recommended WordPress website hosting page at the WordPress .org website had removed Siteground some time back and now has added WordPress .com service in that list.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- For Plugins Creators… if you sell WordPress plugins, then check these five findings by Katie Keith from Barn2 for better conversions and profitability. And, if you are looking to submit your plugin to the WordPress directory, then check the Plugin Check plugin to test and make sure your plugin is up to the base required standards.
- LMS Plugin Updates… Tutor LMS 2.3.0v focuses on safeguarding your course content with new features to prevent hotlinking and the ability to disable right-clicking on your course website. Also, LearnDash has added the Course Dashboard feature that provides you with a useful overview of the success and status of your course all in one place.
- Woo Conditional Display… PowerPack for Elementor has introduced WooCommerce Display Conditions, allowing you to display specific content on the WooCommerce store built with Elementor. Also, Nick Diego has updated the Block Visibility plugin 3.1.0v with controls for WooCommerce, like a block that displays a message when a Woo product is out of stock, and options for EDD users.
- Product Updates… FunnelKit Funnel 2.13.0v has been updated with many enhancements like compatibility for WooCommerce HPOS feature and Elementor – and new settings for order bumps. Also, Elementor from 3.16v will activate Flexbox Containers by default for new websites, allowing better performance, design flexibility, and responsiveness.
- WP Optimization… WP Rocket 3.15v has introduced the LazyLoading CSS Background Images feature for performance boost and has removed the Combine CSS feature as it is not needed with the current world of HTTP/2 and HTTP/3 protocols. Also, Optimole, the cloud based image optimization solution has been updated to 3.10.0v with new features like editing images in the cloud library and support for more file types in the dashboard.
Quick Bits 👍
- New Kadence Marketplace with themes and kadence experts.
- Novashare 1.4.5v has updated the Twitter branding to new X.
- Learning: Imran has released Elementor Website Super Course.
- Cool Insights: WooCommerce’s evolution over different versions.
- LiquidWeb has launched dedicated hosting starting $75 / month.
- Felix Arntz’s findings of the WordPress 6.3 performance analysis.
- WooSesh 2023, free registration is now open for this online event.
- A good surprise to see the Forums section launch at WPTavern.
WordPress Community Speaks & Interacts
Following up with Matt Mullenweg’s response to the issue of plugin listing duplication on the .org and .com websites. Sé Reed shared about submitting an official WordPress Code of Conduct violation report, and Matt did reply in the comments of this post. Also, the founder of GravityKit, Zack Katz wrote – “I believe an apology is in order because I believe Matt Mullenweg violated the WordPress Community Code of Conduct”.
Tracking responses and changes… Matt gave a detailed reply to Dōvy’s opinion: “Nothing will change. WP .org is just tax avoidance for WP .com”. Also, making a change – the plugin(s) listing on WP .com now includes a link to the self-hosted free version of the plugin available on the WP .org website.
WordPress Milestones & Discounts
WP Milestones… Anh Tran shared about the MB Custom Post Types & Custom Taxonomies plugin reaching the 10K active installs milestone. Katie Keith shared about the Document Library Pro plugin crossing $500,000 in lifetime sales this month, congrats!
WP Milestones & Discounts… here is a preview video of the WP Social Ninja plugin completing 2 years and offering up to 50% discount. Also, Timetics – the appointments and bookings plugin, has reached the 1000+ activation milestone and is celebrating with a 30% discount.
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly