After (and still work in progress) the ‘big’ endeavor of The WP Awards 2021 event, here is a big Black Friday WordPress deals goodness coming your way! Also included in this issue, newly launched WP Live Streams and Content AI, soon to be launched Fluent Support, and native subscription in LearnDash (no more Woo).
↑ Community Sponsors supporting this weekly
LAST WEEK: Win 3 WS Form licenses in the giveaway contest
What’s Buzzing in WordPress 💖
- Just launched… Daniuel Schutzsmith has launched the WP Live Streams website, an online directory for WordPress users to discover online live streams across YouTube, Facebook Live, Twitter Spaces, Twitch, Zoom, and more. While RankMath SEO plugin’s team has launched Content AI feature, your artificial intelligence powered assistant to write more SEO friendly content.
- About to Launch… another (for sure amazing) product from the WP Manage Ninja team, Fluent Support is launching on Nov 16, 2021 with the founder’s lifetime deal. It enables self hosted and fully controlled customer support management system on WordPress. And, if WooCommerce subscription is not in your sweet spot, then watch-out for the next release of LearnDash (3.6) coming with a native subscription feature – as alerted by Chris Lema.
- Got Noticed… an online code generator for WordPress, Brewpy goes beyond simple custom post type code generation to include Elementor widget and plugin code generators. Of course, there is a classic alternative in the form of GenerateWP tool. Been buzzing for sometime, Lemon Squeezy WordPress plugin is here promising a super easy way to sell digital products on WordPress website.
Extended WordPress Buzz 🔥
- State of WordPress… has Gutenberg divided the WordPress community for the worse? Paul Lacey shared his perspective at The WP Minute website. And, the official State of Word 2021 edition has been announced. Get your (blocks laden) questions ready for Matt Mullenweg for the live session scheduled for December 14, 2021, between 10 am and 12 pm ET (3 pm and 5 pm UTC).
- WP Ecosystem… Marieke van de Rakt is stepping down as the Yoast CEO, Thijs de Valk will be the new CEO of Yoast moving forward. And, it does not get bigger than this with the acquisition train – GoDaddy has acquired Pagely, a premium web hosting provider (more info from Jeff at the WP Mainline website).
- Big Elementor Change… is in works with flexbox container experiment, this new layout system will enable more optimized layout, reduce DOM bloat, and better responsiveness. Also, Elementor v3.5 beta revealed more upcoming CSS fanciness in the form of text stroke, CSS transform along with new experiments UI.
- Upcoming Events… Cloudways is getting ready with BFCM Prepathon event, a five days event starting Nov 15, 2021 featuring sessions on performance, security, UX & CRO, industry trends, and custom trust. Also, the call for speakers is now open for the WordFest 2021 online event – submit your entries by Dec 06, 2021.
Quick Bits 👍
- WP Social Ninja 3.1.0 now with Oxygen builder widget.
- New WP Starter Template Yosemite for Kadence users.
- Patreon like membership with Paid Membership Pro & Castos.
- Visual Composer first ever LTD launch during Black Friday.
- ACF 5.11 add suppport for ACF custom fields in WP REST API.
- WordPress Polyglots team launched a monthly newsletter.
Busy Times: It’s WordPress all the Way!
The amazing response to The WP Awards 2021 continues now with more than 1720+ votes already submitted across various categories and products. The voting ends on Nov 30, 2021 – get your vote in, if not already submitted. Also, check out a massive WordPress Black Friday Deals 2021 page with loads of plugins, themes, and services. A few products on that page need an update – in progress!